“When designing for VR, being able to have spatial understating and context for your design is a key necessity. A design might look amazing in a 2D flat surface but look and feel completely different when looked at three-dimensionally with the headset. VR-Plugin for Autodesk Maya allows me to look at a design for VR in its NATIVE medium so I can make important decisions and changes on the fly. I highly recommend this plugin to anyone serious about designing in VR”
Eli Guerron – Lead Visual Designer at Oculus VR
Maya 2014, Maya 2015, Maya 2016, Maya 2016.5, Maya 2017, Maya 2018 and Maya 2019 (Maya 2019 is only supported by the current Beta of VR-Plugin)
We recommend testing the free VR-Plugin 30-day trial to get an impression of the performance and display quality.
If you are happy with the results and you want the recording feature for the HMD, hand controllers and gamepad input, you should aim for the Professional license.
Advanced User Interface
- VR-Plugin Professional GUI
- The Start button will launch VR Maya
- Direct access to the Maya Display Modes
- Adjustable scale factor according to the scene scale for the best immersive effect
- Convenient center scene button
- Record function and a Multi-Camera list available with VR-Plugin Professional
- Parenting option to hook the camera to another transform node
- Render out Stereoscopic 360° images with Arnold 5