VR-Plugin offers a production proved tool-chain for Autodesk Maya artists to work with Virtual Reality.
Enjoy 360-degrees of freedom and directly see your 3D assets in VR instead of a 2D screen.
Download the free 30-day trial and jump-start into the 3rd dimension with Autodesk Maya.
The stereoscopic view gives you a precise and natural impression of scene scale and proportion. Experience the entire depth of Virtual Reality in the most intuitive way. HMD movement can be recorded as camera animation, hand controllers are recorded as locators. Use your gamepad as fly-cam and explore the surrounding area.
Speed and performance are the great advantages of the Maya Viewport 2.0
Benefit from full DirectX11/OpenGL lighting and shading support with Virtual Reality.
VR-Plugin transforms your work space to virtual within seconds – no export required.
“When designing for VR, being able to have spatial understating and context for your design is a key necessity. A design might look amazing in a 2D flat surface but look and feel completely different when looked at three-dimensionally with the headset. VR-Plugin for Autodesk Maya allows me to look at a design for VR in its NATIVE medium so I can make important decisions and changes on the fly. I highly recommend this plugin to anyone serious about designing in VR”
Eli Guerron – Lead Visual Designer at Oculus VR
Advanced User Interface
- VR-Plugin Professional UI in Autodesk Maya
- The start button will launch Maya VR
- Direct access to the Maya DisplayModes
- The scale factor can be adjusted according to your scene scale for the best immersive effect
- Press the crosshair button to move the camera to the scene center
- With VR-Plugin Professional of you have the record function and a Multi-Camera list available
- Every time you press record a new animation will be saved in the Camera list
- The Parenting option can be used to hook your camera to another transform node. Use it in conjunction with the scale factor to lock the translation
- The Arnold 5 Button renders out a Stereoscopic 360° Image for e.g. your mobile VR cardboard device or stereo TV