Home Forums General Discussion Cursor offset

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Selection happens a few centimetres under the “cursor line”
      Tested in Maya 2018 Update 4

If I create and object and turn vertices mode, and try to move a vertex, then a different vertex 10 cm under controller would move.
      Tested on 3 computers, 3 headsets: Vive Pro, Oculus Rift, and HP Windows Mixed Reality

I have tried also both with Viewport 2.0 set to DirectX11 and OpenGL.
      All 3 of these machines have just 1080p monitors and scaling is already set to 100%. I have also checked Compatibility tab of Maya program properties and made sure High DPI settings are not enabled. Also Maya preferences under interface is also set not to scale.

I am certain the cursor line is inserted into the object. No matter how deep I insert the cursor selection is off.

I was able to make a screenshot on HP WindowsMR headset (I snapped it a second too late when the line was already out, but you can see red dot is a few centimetres below)

https://i.imgur.com/9CmOc1C.jpg

Edit: I am using provided VR-Plugin 6.0 Beta 3

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Milos PMilos P.
      • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Milos PMilos P.
    • Moritz StrickhausenMoritz
      Participant

Hello Milos,

thank you for the detailed testing and good description of the problem.
      We can confirm the observed behavior and work on it.

The problem occurs when a FullHD (1080p) resolution is used. We will provide a fix with a new version soon. Sorry, our testing setup only had WQHD+ (1440p+) Monitors.

When we fixed the problem, everyone’s beta testing period will be reset to full 30 days.

Just drop us a line with your serial, if you like an extended beta testing period in return for your helpful bug report.

Best regards,
      Team VR-Plugin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.